Would you like to write an article for Extreme Sports X? Our magazine is open to extreme sports enthusiasts and advertisers and in our aim to build a magazine that is read by thousands of people worldwide we are happy to publish articles by all.
Anyone can register as a contributor for our magazine. Simply click here and register an account. Due to the amount of post spam we have received in recent months, all new members will be given subscriber status. To be upgraded to a contributor please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your username. We will usually upgrade you within 24 hours.
Due to the size of our website we do have some guidelines that all posts must follow. Please read the following before adding a post for publication. By submitting a post you are confirming that you agree to the following:
1. Your article should focus on extreme sports. It can either be about extreme sports in general or about a specific extreme sport. Please have a look at the menu bars on our site for a list of the sports that we currently cover. Occasionally we will be open to new sports – if the sport you would like to write about is not covered please contact us first.
2. All posts that talk about specific pieces of equipment will have links placed in them to Amazon. We are members of the Amazon affiliates program and so link to anything our readers may be interested in. If you do not want links in your article you can contact us for our sponsored post rates. All posts will contain Google Ads.
3. Our preferred guest post topics are personal stories, general guides, how-to articles and travel articles. Please use our search bar to make sure that your idea has not already been covered on our website. Alternatively please run your ideas past us before you begin writing. If you are writing a time sensitive article please let us know so that we can schedule your publication date accordingly.
4. Your article must be unique and original and not currently published anywhere else on the web. We are happy for you to republish your article after it has been published on Extreme Sports X but we do ask that you link to the original article on our website. Plagiarism is not permitted. If you are quoting others please make sure that your sources are clearly labelled.
5. All articles need to be at least 500 words long and include subheadings. They need to be engaging and have perfect spelling and grammar. We reserve the right to edit posts where the spelling and grammar is not correct however posts that are low quality or poorly written will be rejected, as will those that are clearly written just for a link.
6. Please try and keyword optimise your articles – we want our readers to love your article but the better optimised it is, the more chance you have of people finding it.
7. If you are submitting a guest post, we are happy for you to include one link in your article. Please make sure that this is not within the first 200 words of your article – we want them to look natural. Affiliate links are not allowed and will be removed. All links will be switched to no-follow after 12 months unless discussed otherwise.
8. If you would like to supply photographs along with your post that would be fantastic however we are also happy to source these. All images should be credited unless you have full usage rights for them.
9. Please note that anyone who uploads spam blog posts (i.e on topics completely unrelated to extreme sports) will have their contributor status removed and all posts deleted.
Why Write For Us?
Extreme Sports X is a popular website that is growing by the day. We currently receive around 200 visitors per day and are doing everything we can to make this one of the biggest magazines online for extreme sports fans. As of the 1st December 2012 we are have a Google PR2 and a DA of 33. All of our published posts our advertised via our Facebook and Twitter profiles where we have a growing user base.
Extreme Sports X reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change these guidelines as we see fit. Due to the amount of spam emails we have been receiving, we are now only replying to those that read our guidelines first.